This meeting will feature our annual panel discussion with five independent consultants who will share their experience and ideas on how start and build a consulting practice. Topics covered will include:
- Should you be a consultant? Pros & cons. Skills, experience, technology, personal preferences
- Business prospecting: sourcing leads; the value of networking
- Proposals, pricing, payment schedule
- On site or off?
- Your tools vs. client’s tools
- Finalizing a contract
- Record keeping
- Subcontracting through job shops
- Business structure: Incorporation, sole proprietorship, partnership
- Payment choices: 1099, Corp to Corp, or W2
- Business finances: funding, salaries, operating expenses, benefits, health insurance, retirement
- Pitfalls to avoid.
Larry Rachman, Innovation Design and Solutions
Craig Goldman, CoAutomation
Steve Golson, Trilobyte Systems
Larry Nelson, Nelson Research
Moderator: Ronald Goodstein, First Shot Logic Simulation and Design
PLEASE NOTE: The meeting is open to the public. No charge for Consultants Network members or employees of Constant Contact; $5 entrance fee for all others. Casual dress.
The Consultants Network meeting starts at 6:30 PM. The meeting will take place at Constant Contact, Reservoir Place - 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451, in the Great Room on the third floor.
A no host, PRE-MEETING DINNER will take place at 5:15 PM (sharp) at Bertucci's, 475 Winter Street, Waltham, MA (exit 27B, Rte. 128)
Driving Directions to Constant Contact
Follow I-95/route 128 to Trapelo Rd in North Waltham, Waltham. Take exit 28 from I-95/route 128.(https://goo.gl/maps/tvn3I)
Consultants Network meetings generally take place on the fourth Tuesday of each month, but are not held during the summer months.
For more information, e-mail or contact the chairman Frederick Beihold, at 508-405-0499. email@example.com